Saturday, June 16, 2012

Control

I am a member of several yahoo groups and one of my favorites is the group on the Law of Attraction.  We are a fun group of great people that encourage each other.  Today's message (that was sent to the Group) was A Secret Scrolls message from Rhonda Byrne, Creator of The Secret.  Here it is:

From The Secret Daily Teachings

Isn't it great to know that you cannot control your world from the outside? To try and control things on the outside feels impossible because it would take so much work, and in fact it is impossible according to the law of attraction.

To change your world all you have to do is manage your thoughts and feelings on the inside of you, and then your whole world changes.

May the joy be with you,

Rhonda Byrne

This is another good one. Control! I am a self confessed control freak. Even amidst the chaos and fear - I fearlessly try to control EVERYTHING!

I hate not being in control yet I am smart enough to know that control is an illusion.  Okay already. 

I am a control freak - in the worst sense. I am addicted to control.  This is yet another facet of growing up in an alcoholic home.  You can't control anything so you try to control everything.  I am especially good at controlling things I cannot control. The lives of others, the emotions of others, the desires of others, the amount of time I'm given, what people think of me and the list goes on.  I try and control...control.

Once I had the opportunity to sit back and really look at things, I knew I had to relinquish control.  No, I haven't totally mastered this but I am trying.

What is your addiction of choice?  We all have them - be it control, fear, eating, shopping, worry...

Take some time today to get to know you and how you "attempt" to control your life or the lives of others.

Namaste!

No comments: